Mr Alwitry sees patients privately at:
Mr Alwitry offers a one-stop private cataract surgery service at Loughborough Hospital. The main benefit is that you can have your assessment and surgery on the same day rather than waiting for a theatre slot. This service happens on Saturdays and you can be seen, assessed, operated upon and discharged from the hospital having had your cataract done in only 2 to 3 hours. Please use the contact information on this website to enquire about prices or to book an appointment. Please note that this service is available to all self-paying private patients and also some selected insured patients. Please call us to see if your insurance company will cover you for one-stop cataract surgery.
Mr Alwitry undertakes cataract and lid surgery procedures (including blepharoplasty and removal of lumps and bumps) and also deals with a wide variety of other eye problems.
The Benefits of Private Care are mainly to do with choice:
- Choose your surgeon: You can choose who will operate upon you and be guaranteed them.
- Choose time and place of surgery: You can choose the venue and time of your surgery (no delay),
- More time: The NHS Service we provide at the Royal Derby Hospital is excellent however due to pressures of service we cannot spend as long as we'd like talking to you about your condition or your operation. By going privately you can have as long as you want to discuss things in depth. You can also ask to be seen post-operatively so that we can check and make sure everything is OK.
- Service: As with everything in life you pay for what you get and in this case you are paying for a high level of service – time, attention and convenience.
- Choice of lenses: On the NHS we can only offer you a standard monofocal lens. If you choose to have your surgery privately you can choose from a variety of premium lenses including multifocal lenses which can sometimes allow you to see in the distance and read without needing spectacles.